Information Collected by CVO
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website, which is to enable users to discover and share information with one another. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with this objective. We collect the following types of information from our users:
Information You Provide to Us
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
- Registration: In order for you to use CVO services, such as sharing new computer vision related links to the website, you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require you to provide us with e-mail address and your title.
- User Profile: To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during registration, we enable you to provide additional information, such as a short biography, your website URL, affiliation, and position. In addition, you may choose to include a photo of yourself in your profile.
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. CVO automatically receive and record certain "traffic data" on its servers from your browser including your IP address, CVO cookie information, and the page you requested. CVO uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
- CVO may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
CVO is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party. CVO may send out e-mails with CVO-related news. You may also receive notification e-mails from CVO, which inform you of new page contents or comments you already subscribed on. If you do not want to receive notification e-mail from us, please unsubscribe whatever service from your profile page. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices from us.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. CVO cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
Last Updated Date
September 21, 2010