This job posting is expired. For more recent job openings in Computer Vision please visit our jobs section.
CyberExtruder is a company known for reconstruction technology that transforms two-dimensional (2D) images to three-dimensional (3D) models and its unique solutions have become an important facial recognition resource for the intelligence, security and law enforcement communities.
Our flagship product, Aureus 3D, is a software suite which improves the matching and identification capabilities of facial recognition systems by taking a subject’s facial image and reconstructing it in a way which factors in varied poses and facial expressions as well as compensating for poor lighting and partial images. This patented technology significantly increases the likelihood of a match where poor quality images are involved.
The swift recognition of individuals from video streams collected over networks of IP cameras is a challenging problem, especially in dense and moving crowds. As most cameras are mounted overhead so they can follow a person’s movements through a scene, individual frames taken from these cameras make it difficult, if not impossible, to identify the person.
CyberExtruder is looking for a Computer Vision specialist to strengthen its research and product development efforts in developing additional methods of identifying individuals from a watch list using facial recognition using tracking and a system with multiple classifiers. In practice, the performance of systems applied to video-based face recognition typically declines because of complex scenes. Thus, robust tracking methods are required.
To qualify for this position you should have a Ph.D. degree in a Computer Vision related field such as Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science (highly qualified Master’s degree or Ph.D. candidates will be considered).
You should be a confident and experienced C programmer and have experience within several of the following areas:
- Computer vision experience
- Strong experience in Object oriented programming (e.g. C++)
- Experience in writing GUI applications for Windows and/or Linux
- Ability to write technical documentation
Highly desirable additional skills or experience include:
- Experience with facial recognition or tracking algorithms
- Understanding the math and representations of 2D and 3D geometry
- Biometrics/Facial Recognition, Neural networks
- Open GL, C, Pascal, Fortran, Matlab, VB
- JAVA, Client-server design and implementation,
- Windows MFC
Candidates for this position will also posses the following qualities:
- A self motivated worker who will take the initiative when required
- Develops new and innovative ways of accomplishing set goals
- Must be able to work independently
- Have an aptitude for considering the entire process of software development
- Attention to detail
- Ability to transfer knowledge to subordinates
- Ability to work in a distributed environment when necessary
Contact info: ...